This adorable toilet paper roll butterfly craft is so fun and easy to make!
Supplies to Make a Paper Roll Butterfly:
- Toilet paper roll
- Wiggly eyes
- Coloured buttons
- Coloured cardboard
- Acrylic paint
- Pipe cleaner
- Black permanent marker
- Butterfly wing template
Steps to Make These Toilet Paper Roll Butterflies
- Paint the paper roll a colour of your choice and let it dry. You may need to paint a few coats for lighter colours.
2. For the wings, fold a piece of cardboard in half. Trace the template from our new book or draw your own wings.
3. Cut out the wings.
4. Glue coloured buttons to the butterfly wings. Or have fun decorating the wings however you’d like! You can use pom poms, craft gems or even just colour on your own designs.
5. To make the antennae, bend the pipe cleaner into the shape of a “V”. Curl the tips of the “V” down.
6. Glue the antennae to the inside top of the paper roll. Glue the wiggly eyes near the top of the paper roll and draw a mouth with the black marker.
7. Glue the antennae to the inside top of the paper roll. Glue the wiggly eyes near the top of the paper roll and draw a mouth with the black marker.
8. Finally, glue the wings to the back of the paper roll.